Canadian & Commonwealth Citizens

British Chevening Scholarships

The British Chevening Scholarships enable students of high intellectual promise to pursue studies in the United Kingdom. Chevening scholars must study in the UK for at least 3-months. Most scholars already have a first degree and the majority study for postgraduate degrees, particularly Masters courses.

You must apply to the British Embassy/High Commission or The British Council in the country of which you are a citizen.

Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan

The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan enables students of high intellectual promise to pursue studies in Commonwealth countries other than their own, so as to foster mutual understanding within the Commonwealth.

Rhodes Scholarships

Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest international fellowships, initiated after the death of Cecil Rhodes in 1902. They bring outstanding students from countries around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Awards are made for a two-year period but may be extended for a third year. An applicant must be unmarried, and remain unmarried during the first year of residence. Stipend covers tuition, travel, fees and maintenance.

Canadian citizens may apply through the Canadian Rhodes Trust.

Requires nomination/endorsement by the Dartmouth College Committee on Graduate Fellowships.

Scotland Saltire Scholarship Programme

The Scotland Saltire Scholarship Programme is open to Canadian, Chinese, Indian and U.S. nationals to encourage bright, talented and hard-working individuals to live, work and study in Scotland.  The award can go toward tuition fees for one year of full-time study on an Undergraduate, Masters, or PhD course in a wide range of subject areas. You can choose to study at any of Scotland's universities and Higher Education Institutions.