Women in Science Project (WISP) Research Internship Program
WISP aims to increase retention of women in the sciences by providing students with access to early research opportunities https://students.dartmouth.edu/wisp/
- Eligibility: First-year women in any science discipline, and sophomore women in specific disciplines (chemistry, computer science, engineering, math, physics/astronomy).
- Number of terms: Two (winter and spring)
- Payment: Hourly wages ($10/hour for 6-10 hours per week)
- Application deadline: Fall term
- Process: Faculty list projects in the WISP online database (available fall term only), and students contact faculty to arrange interviews. Students and faculty both submit preferences, and WISP matches students to faculty mentors based on these preferences and other factors.