How Matching Works
- Students view faculty provided internship opportunities. The database is available in late September.
- Reach out to Potential Mentors: Email potential faculty mentors to express interest and arrange interviews.
- Online Preferences Form: After the interview process, students and faculty complete a preference form.
- Matching Process: WISP staff match students with faculty research mentors based on multiple factors (e.g. student and faculty preferences, funding availability, etc.)
- Decision Notification: Students and faculty mentors will receive an e-mail from the WISP office indicating whether or not they have been matched.
Students who have made separate arrangements to work with a faculty mentor independently of the matching process are not eligible for WISP funding. There is one exception. if the faculty mentor has funds to pay the wages, the student may be part of the WISP Research Internship Program.