Adding and Maintaining Projects
Accessing the System
- Log in to the WISP database using your Dartmouth Net ID and password.
- If you do not know your Dartmouth Net ID, you may look it up here.
- In the top right corner click the tab called "My Projects."
- If you do not have a "My Projects" tab, email [email protected] to be added to the system. Please include your Net ID in the email.
- The HB and phone number for your faculty profile is pulled directly from the DND.
- If you do not meet the criteria for eligibility to supervise undergraduates in research (e.g. postdoctoral fellow, adjunct faculty, visiting faculty) WISP will seek approval from the relevant dean or department chaird before giving you access to submit projects.
Adding a New Project
- Click “New Project Draft.”
- Enter project information in the fields provided.
- See the Project Descriptions webpage for more information.
- Click “Create” at the bottom of the page.
- A draft of your project will appear.
- At this point, the draft of the project is saved, but is “Unpublished.” You may stop editing and exit the system, and the draft will remain for you to re-access and edit again later.
- Click “edit” to continue editing the project information.
- Click “Submit for Review” to submit the project to WISP.
Activating and Editing an Inactive Project
- Click on the "Inactive" link under "Live Status."
- Click "Create Draft" in the top left corner.
- Make edits, if needed.
- Click "Create" in the top right corner.
- Click "Submit for Review" in the "Project Information" section.
Inactivating or Editing an Active Project
- Click on the “Active” link under “Live Status.”
- Click “Make Inactive” to inactivate the project. It will not be viewable online, but it will be saved and accessible to you in the system.
- Click “Create Draft” to edit the project listing. The previous version of the project will remain viewable until the edited draft has been published.
- If you do not want the previous version viewable while you edit the project, you should first Inactivate the project, then make edits.
- Edit the draft as needed.
- Click "Update Project" to view the edited draft.
- Click "Submit for Review" to submit the project to WISP.