2019 Poster & T-shirt Contest Guidelines
- Posters & T-Shirt design submissions should reflect the theme, “ICE AGE: 250 Years of Winter" and may reference the tagline: "Party in the Paleolithic"
- This theme should be combined with a strong connection to Dartmouth and traditional winter events. The words "Dartmouth Winter Carnival" must appear somewhere on the poster & shirt design.
- Designs MUST be original content and may not include trademarked or copywritten characters, names, or images*
- References to general ice age/paleolithic concepts (e. g. mammoths, glaciers, cavemen, cave paintings, saber-toothed tigers) are permissible. Clear parody may also be permissible. If you have any questions about whether your idea/design is permissible under this standard, please feel free to blitz [email protected] and we will be happy to review the design and advise you.
- Any medium is acceptable.
- Posters should be created at 'poster size/proportions’ (24” x 30" or 24” x 36”) so that we do not need to blow up the poster and ruin the quality of your work.
- Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size.
- To keep the printing cost down, your t-shirt design may contain at most 2-3 colors.
- You may submit more than one design.