Whether you are arriving on campus early for athletics or returning from a First-Year Trip, there are a number of new students who arrive in Hanover before the official start of New Student Orientation.
During the period of Pre-Orientation, Collis and the Orientation Team support a variety of informal social and transition events for these early arrivals. Once New Student Orientation officially begins, Collis & the O-Team continue to provide programs to help new students meet each other, upperclass students and staff, and adjust to life at Dartmouth.
Our events include:
- Collis Kick-Off – Come to the Collis Center for food, games, and activities to unwind after a busy few days.
- A cappella and Student Dance Showcases – Watch performances by student groups. You may find a group you want to join!
- Movie/Karaoke Nights
- Hypnotist Show – Watch your classmates under the influence of our visiting hypnotist!
- Student Involvement Fair – Representatives from student organizations across campus will be on the Green to help you learn more about how to get involved at Dartmouth!
- Shopping Trips – Need to pick up some extra things for your dorm room or just want to get to know more about the Upper Valley? Hop on the shuttle to West Lebanon.
- Capture the Melon – A Dartmouth tradition! Come out to play this fun game with the O-Team.
Learn more about the New Student Orientation program.