Why Request a Conversation Partner?
- You plan to go on an FSP/LSA/term abroad and want extra practice
- You feel “behind” or not quite up to speed in language class but aren’t having trouble with the content as much as the speaking and comprehension.
- You are embarrassed to speak up in class.
- You are having trouble with listening comprehension in class or drill
- You want to improve your accent
- You want to maintain your language skills during a term when you’re not taking language classes
The job of the Conversation Partner is not to help with homework or course content. They are simply there to converse in the language of study and provide listening and speaking practice. If you need help with homework and/or course content, you should request a tutor.