Tracking Time with Kronos
The Tutor Clearinghouse uses the Kronos online timekeeping system. Shortly after you have been matched with a tutee, you will receive an email from Kronos with a link to log into your Kronos account, as well as a link to an instructional video on how to use the Kronos timecard.
Completing Your Timesheet
Before using the system, please watch the Kronos training video to see how to maintain your timesheet. Here is the hyperlink: Kronos Instructional Video .Upon logging into Kronos, your timecard will appear. To fill out your card:
- Select the correct date and enter your start time in the "In" field and the end time in the "out" field. Please note that you will need to specify AM and PM in Kronos.
- Second, make sure you select the tutoring job from the drop down selection in the "Transfer" field (ACDSK 10669 for Peer Tutors, ACDSK 10670 for Study Group Leaders, ACDSK 13666 for Resident Experts, etc). For tutors, there are many different transfer codes so please consult your match email.
- If you use Kronos for another job, please note that the process for entering your hours into Kronos is different for tutors. Tutors must add comments on their timecard each time they tutor a student, indicating what course they tutored the student in, as well as the student's name. Add a comment to the "Out" field, selecting tutoring from the comments selection and then typing in your tutee's name and course information. If you are a peer tutor, you must add this comment. If you are a study group leader, you do not need to make a comment on your timecard.
- Remember to save your timecard before exiting the browser, as Kronos does not auto-save.
- If you are using Chrome and experiencing issues tracking your time in KRONOS, please: * open a new incognito window; then * type in the URL for KRONOS (Kronos.dartmouth.edu); and, * enter your NetId and Password. If this does not work, please send an email to [email protected] and request assistance.
More information on the online timekeeping system.