Cash Advances up to $500
The Cashier's Office will only permit a person to have one cash advance out at a time. You must reconcile your first advance before requesting a second advance.
Please make your request at least two days in advance.
- Treasurer submits a cash advance request by 1:00 pm, two business days ahead. The treasurer should complete the request, but it needs to be in the name of the student who will actually be responsible for the cash.
- We prepare a Cash Advance Voucher for the responsible student to pick up in 301C Collis. Since the advance will later need to be "reconciled" on a Business Expense Report form, we will include a paper copy of this form with the voucher (with some information already entered).
- We email the student picking up the cash advance when the voucher is ready in 301C Collis.
- The student picks up the voucher in 301C Collis and takes it to the Cashier's Office on the first floor of McNutt to pick up the cash.
- The student manages the cash and keeps track of all expenses and itemized/detailed receipts.
- Within five days after use of the funds, the student reconciles the advance by completing and signing the Business Expense Report form and returning it to 301C Collis along with all receipts and any leftover change. The amount returned should be entered in the space for Amount Due College.
- If the student needed to use personal funds for expenses higher than the cash advance amount, this additional expense should be entered in the space for Amount Due Payee on the Business Expense Report form. A reimbursement check will be mailed to the student.